Level 5 - University Level Diploma
TOTAL LEARNING HOURS
MODE OF LEARNING
Online | Assessment
IQF Level 5 Diploma
in Collegiate Sports Performance
The IQF Level 5 Diploma in Collegiate Sports Performance is aimed at practitioners and coaches working in the university environment. This certifies practical skills and experience at a high level and is the final stepping stone towards IUSCA Accreditation.
Andrew Langford, Director of the IUSCA, London, UK
About the Level 5 Diploma
Welcome to the IUSCA IQF Level 5 Diploma in Collegiate Sports Performance. This is a formal qualification that certifies higher level competencies within the domain of strength and conditioning (S&C) and sports performance, specific to the university environment. This is internationally recognised as the minimum standard required for independent coaching in the collegiate setting. It is also the final step on the pathway towards full IUSCA Accreditation.
The IUSCA IQF Level 5 Diploma certifies knowledge, technical abilities, and experience within the university sports performance domain.
These qualities include:
- The ability to utilise scientific thinking in a variety of collegiate sports performance contexts
- Breadth and depth of knowledge within sports performance
- The ability to write and communicate with clarity and effectiveness
- Demonstrated technical abilities in the university domain with teams and individual athletes
- Significant experience as a practitioner (minimum 250 hours)
- The ability to review and evaluate their own and others' practice and performance
Assessment for the Level 5 Diploma involves:
- Degree in a relevant field or currently enrolled on a university degree course
- Completion of a minimum of 250 hours practical experience, or currently completing
- Completion and maintenance of a comprehensive portfolio of experience and reflections
- Reference from a senior level coach or administrator
- 5 hours observed coaching and panel interview with IUSCA assessment board
Satisfactory completion of the course will result in the candidate being awarded an IQF Level 5 Diploma in Collegiate Sports Performance.
IQF LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA
Obtaining a collegiate level certification means that I am now qualified to work independently with teams and athletes. The Level 5 Diploma gives a seal-of-approval to potential employers, demonstrating my knowledge, skills, and experience.
Rachel Evans, S&C Coach
For a limited time only, when you register for our IQF Level 5 Diploma, you will also receive the following great benefits:
FREE ACCESS TO IUSCA VIDEO (including over 20 hours of content from leaders in the field such as Brad Schoenfeld, Derek Hansen, Greg Lehman, Ron McKeefery, Lorena Torres, and many more...
FREE LIVE WEBINARS
FREE IUSCA T-SHIRT or CAP
All of our courses are accredited by the IUSCA Awarding Committee. As an Accredited International Awarding Body, our qualifications carry global recognition.
The IUSCA uses standardised course levels, rated on the International Qualification Framework (IQF), to ensure that stakeholders understand the requirements and competencies of suitably qualified individuals.
Andrew Langford, Performance Consultant
It's great to have an international standard for courses and qualifications. This makes it easy for coaches to understand the level they are at, and where they want to be.
Aden Flannagan, Lead S&C Coach, Leicester City
When recruiting, we look for candidates that have the right qualifications and show a keen interest in professional development. The IUSCA seal guarantees the standards we require.
I really became a better coach, and it was an incredible learning experience. I learnt more in 7 weeks than I have in 4 years of higher education!